keskiviikko 14. maaliskuuta 2012

HOME SWEET HOME.

 Me and my sister enjoying our favorite past time together: making faces and taking pictures of our selves. Love!

 Okay the title of this post might be a bit distracting, since I don't really have an actual place I call home. I consider home to be where ever the most important people in my life are living, and most of them are residing in Finland at the moment. Currently my official address is at my dad's in Vantaa, he lives outside the city of Helsinki and very close to the airport which is convenient for my current life style. Despite not having a physical place to call home, it is sweet to be home, with the people I love most. I've spent the last week with my family and some of my best friends, in Helsinki, in my home town Jyväskylä and up north in the country side at my grandma's. It feels really good to be in Finland. I'm kinda tired of traveling right now, after a long trip I always need some time to get grounded again and enjoy the familiarity and order of Finland.


Btw, I noticed this weird display at the railway station of my home town today. It's propably been there forever but I've never really paid attention to it before. It has a stuffed magpie, squirrel and rabbit and it says "Welcome to Jyväskylä". Jyväskylä means "grain village", I think all this gives you an idea of what kind of a place is in question!

9 kommenttia:

  1. Hahah, mäki asun Vantaalla ja lähellä lentokenttää :D Small world.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Jep, kyllä tuo täytetty rusakko on ollut asemalla jo vuosikausia ::D

    VastaaPoista
  3. Kirjoittaja on poistanut tämän kommentin.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Moikka! Minä olin eilen se huonovointinen Beefissä C:
    Olin varmasti aika mukava näky. Tässä sunnuntaiaamuna huvitti, että
    käytiinkö tosissaan vessakeskustelu vai kuvittelinko omiani.
    Mukavaa viikkoa!

    VastaaPoista
  5. http://whitetrashdisease.indiedays.com/files/2012/03/IMG_2010.jpg

    Hehkeenä? ;D

    VastaaPoista
  6. itseasiassa jyväs tarkoittaa vanhassa kielessä vedestä heijastuvaa valon välkettä.. eli siis jyväskylä on saanut nimensä päijänteen/jyväsjärven veden välkkeestä :) mutta olen ihmetellyt tuota samaista näyteikkunaa.. kuinka ruma!? ja kuka haluaisi ton nähtyään tulla jyväskylään!?:D mua ainakin lähinnä pelottaa nuo täytetyt eläimet.

    VastaaPoista